16 May 1995 – date established
Membership Qualification– must be BOI-registered participants in the vehicle manufacturing program
1 March 2008 – amendment of by-laws to expand membership
- Regular (BOI-registered)
- Associate (other assemblers/importers/distributors)
CAMPI’s main objective is to promote the interests of the automotive industry with the end in view of developing a viable domestic industry. This objective is carried out thru its active participation, among others, in the formulation of government policies, programs, regulations and standards for the automotive industry. CAMPI is widely recognized by government and private sector groups as the lead organization in the Philippine automotive industry.
CAMPI is a socially responsible automotive industry association working in partnership with the Philippine government and other stakeholders in pursuit of economic growth through the development of a viable and self-sustaining Philippine automotive industry.
To be an engine of growth through investments and government revenue generation, employment creation, skills development, technology transfer, environmental protection and safety promotion under a policy environment responsive to the developmental needs of the industry and society.
Enhancement of Industry Competitiveness
- Motor Vehicle Dev’t. Program, standardization and harmonization of standards, data sharing, Philippine International Motor Show, etc.
- Skills Training Programs
- Clean Air Act, Fuel Standards, Alternative Fuel,etc.
- Anti-counterfeit seminar, Seat Belt Law, etc.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Transport Cooperative Training, Tech. Training for out-of-school youth, etc.
Mr. Jose Ch. Alvarez
Atty. Rommel Gutierrez
Mr. Dante Santos
Vice President (MMPC)
Mr. Noel Barachina